If you’ve stopped using the McAfee antivirus software, I can imagine that you also want to remove your McAfee account. If that’s the case, we’re here to help and facilitate that process for you. All it takes to remove your profile, is a simple removal request by email to their privacy team.
I’ll show you below in step 1: what your email needs to contain and as a result: how they will respond to your email.
1 Open your email account and send an email to [email protected]
But first of all, what do you need to mention in your e-mail?
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Request to delete my McAfee account and personal data
- Message: A correct removal request needs to contain 3 things:
- Information about the account that you want to delete: All you need to mention is your email address that’s associated with the account
- Reason(s) for removal: e.g. I’m not using it anymore, software didn’t work, duplicate account,…
- Last but not least: Send this request from the email address that’s associated with the account (for security reasons)
Example of email:
10 days later, I received an answer to my request for closure from the McAfee Privacy Office.
As you can see in the screenshot below, they’ll ask you to reply their email and to confirm that you want to close your account.
If you do that, they’ll remove your account and data from their database.
*Source (& thanks to): mcafee.com