If you want to remove your World of Warcraft (WoW) account on Battle.net, you’ll notice that it’s not an easy thing to do.To be honest: I didn’t find a solution myself in my account and I had to contact the support team to ask them how to do it.
Thanks to the customer support team of Blizzard Entertainement, I discovered that they have a special removal form online to close your profile with:
I’ll explain you in 3 steps how you can cancel your World of Warcraft account online:
1 Open this removal link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ and log in to your account
2 Once you’re logged in, you can click on the button: Submit a ticket (to request an account closure)
Warning: Only submit this ticket if you’re 100% sure that you want to permanently remove your Battle.net account, along with:
- associated games
- access to games and forum
- game keys
3 Last step – Fill in the 4 open fields:
- Battle.net email= Email address that’s associated with your Battle.net account
- Government-Issued Photo Identification= A scanned photo of your driving license or passport to prove your identity (it’s to guarantee the safety of your account)
- Tick the box= To indicate that you’re aware of the fact that a removal is permanent
- Description= In this field you can specify the specific game licence(s) you want to remove or the World of warcraft region you want to delete.
Click on Submit a ticket when you’re ready to go.
The customer support will take care of your request and verify your identity.
They will come back to you by email to inform you about it.
*Source (& many thanks to): Battle.net & the Blizzard support team