If you’ve stopped using the Wolfram Alpha website, a website that’s all about facts & data, I can imagine that you also want to remove your account on their website. If that’s the case, we’re here to help and facilitate that process for you. All it takes to remove your profile, is a simple removal request by email to their support team.
I’ll show you below in step 1: what your email needs to contain and who you need to address it to + as a result: how they will respond to your email.
1 Open your email account and send an email to email@example.com
But first of all, what do you need to mention in your e-mail?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Request to delete my account
- Message: A correct removal request needs to contain 3 things:
- Information about the account that you want to delete: All you need to mention is your email address that’s associated with the account
- Reason(s) for removal: e.g. I’m not using it anymore, didn’t work as expected, duplicate account,…
- Last but not least: Send this request from the email address that’s associated with the account (for security reasons)
Example of email:
Dear Wolfram Alpha Customer care team,
I have an account on WolframAlpha.com, but I can’t find a button to delete my account.
My Wolfram ID is: (your email address)
Can you please remove this account?
2 hours later (yes apparently they react very fast!), I received an answer to my request for removal from their team.
As you can see in the screenshot below, they’ll confirm you that they’ve closed your account. Mission accomplished!
*Source (& thanks to): wolframalpha.com