If you want to close your account on Quikr.come, a website in India that contains free ads and posts, I can tell you 2 things:
- Their website doesn’t offer a Delete option
- They have an alternative: Blocking. The result is almost the same as a permanent removal.
1 What is blocking?
The Quikr support explained me in the email below that blocking means that your mobile number and email address get blocked by them.
Ok, but how do I get my account blocked then?
2 All you need to do, is open your email account and send an email to email@example.com
But first of all, what do you need to mention in your e-mail?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Request to block my account
- Message: A correct request to block your account needs to contain 3 things:
- Information about the account that you want to delete: All you need to mention is your email address that’s associated with the account and your mobile phone number
- Reason(s) for removal: e.g. I’m not using it anymore,didn’t work as expected, duplicate account,…
- Last but not least: Send this request from the email address that’s associated with the account (for security reasons)
Example of what this message could look like:
Dear Quikr customer support team,
I’m not using Quikr anymore, so I would like to ask you to block my account.
My email address: (fill in your email address)
My mobile phone number: +91 XXXXXXXXXXXX
Thanks in advance for keeping me posted about my request.
*Source (& thanks to): quikr.com