Orbitz offers flights, hotels and car rentals for low prices. But if you have an account on their website and you’re thinking about closing it, we’re here to help and facilitate that process for you. All it takes to remove your profile, is a simple removal request by email to their support team.
Contacting the customer service by email is easy and will take you no more than 2 minutes.
I’ll show you below in step 1: what your email needs to contain and as a result: how they will respond to your email.
1 Open your email account and send an email to Privacy@orbitz.com
But first of all, what do you need to mention in your e-mail?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to remove my account and personal data?
- Message: A correct removal request needs to contain 3 things:
- Information about the account that you want to delete: All you need to mention is the email address that’s associated with the account (= your Orbitz ID)
- Reason(s) for removal: e.g. I’m not using it anymore, duplicate account,…
- Last but not least: Send this request from the email address that’s associated with the account (for security reasons)
4 hours after my email, I received a very kind answer to my request for closure.
As you can see in the screenshot below, they’ll respond very polite and tell you that they do can remove your account if you want to. All you need to now is reply on their email and confirm that they can close your profile.
*Source (& thanks to): orbitz.com